Linx and Lamina 7/8/10" tablet owners thread - drivers included!

Apparently l’m not. It was a refurb so Linx won’t have it as it’s not covered by a manufacturer’s warranty and Ebuyer are saying they won’t accept it as a return as it is just 13 days out of their 90 day warranty. I’m ot happy and I’ve sent a (polite) email to their managing director to say as much. We’ll see what they do about it.

Hooray, they’ve agreed to take it back and fix or replace it.

1 Like

Replacement Linx 10 on it’s way from Ebuyer.

1 Like

Accidently bumped into something interesting for Linx 7 and several other Windows tablets based on the Intel’s Atom Z3735 SoC. These devices have a nasty habbit of losing WiFi during sleep mode, and not easily reconnecting.

I have not yet verified this, but what one can try is under Device ManagementRealtek Bluetooth UART Bus Driver there is a power saving option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Untick this option and your WiFi might work better and not die during sleep.

The logic here is that the Bluetooth and WiFi are apparently provided by a single component, so the settings of one will affect the other.

Hi
That was what Captech told me - look in this thread March 16, 2016 post 60 of 118. That’s also why the battery didn’t last long enough during download - when waiting for response it went into sleepmode and never woke up again. RIP

Kind regards LarsN

By the way - after the last big update - it was the same story again. Not enough space to update.
It really was like getting a bucket of water thrown at me since I thought that luring the W10 into the Lamina7 would have solved the future problems.Anticipating many hours of work I did put it aside.
and since then it just collected dust.
Do you think that moving the program files-lib and programs-lib to the SD-card and make a junction command would free the 3 GB needed on C: to go enable the update?
I never done this before so where could i study the subject better. On the microsoft help pages it is really difficult to grasp whether a command is supported on windows 10 or not.
Kind regards
LarsN

How much space would Disk cleanup release, or CCleaner maybe?

only 115 Mb. even if I choose the SD-card as alternative drive for Installation it reduces the space required from 5Gb to appr. 2,5 Gb on C:
So I am stuck again. :frowning:

Personally I am giving up on my Lamina. It is pretty much useless on Windows 10, and I have no special use for it.

Word up Linx guys! I was just about to throw this tablet as far as it flies, but then I discovered this. Check it out and join the testing:

https://two.tappara.co/t/running-ubuntu-linux-on-baytrail-tablets-linx-lamina-and-others/458

Lamina 7, windows 8.1, 16GB with 7 GB free (after 8.1 restore) on C: + 4 GB recovery partition
Upgrade to windows 10 Fall Creators (keep all settings option & do NOT look for updates before installing)

Used USB OTG hub with 1x USB stick with Fall Creators Update install 1x USB stick 32GB for temp storage.
Initially Creators Update complained, not enough storage, selected USB stick 32GB and install continued.
At around 70% install progress battery flat/died, recharged for an hour then rebooted and install continued in recovery mode and finished normally. Screen rotation works, no need to reinstall drivers.

Windows 10, free on C: 5 GB and some 6 GB taken by the windows old folder (before running windows update)

4Gb recovery partition is gone (selected no such option to delete it), space been added to C:
The 32 GB stick holds a win 8.1 recovery and all the 8.1 drivers!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I’ve just spent nearly a week trying to rebuild my Linx 8 Windows 10 environment, and within 2 hours of finding this thread it’s as good as new (if not better!)

I’m so grateful to you.

1 Like

Thank you for your description.
Lamina has 16 GB C:drive
Next time you will have a windows 10 installed that needs to be upgraded - like the relaese at the beginning of this year. My problem is that even if I chose other usb-drive it still needs free 4 GB recovery parttition? on C: which is not available due to the size of windows 10!
Please let me now if you were able to upgrade after the next release. The comment from another user concerns a Lamina 8 which has 32GB sized C:drive which is why he has much more playground.
Really look forward to share youre experience.
Kind regards LarsN

1 Like

Hi
did you update your Lamina/Linx7 recently, and did the update work as described?

If your wifi switches off and windows says it cant recover it on a linx, close all windows/apps down, hold down the power button until the unit powers off, don’t do it through the on screen system, give it at least a minute then power it back on. I find the wifi is picked up again.

Also, If your tablet ‘dies’ and won’t power on, it is worth putting the unit on charge overnight. Then when you try switching it on, hold the button down firmly until you hear a tiny click. Don’t let go before the click or you will need to try again. Once you hear it click let go. Sometimes the tablet will continue to power up, sometimes you need to press the power button for three or four seconds again, but often this breaks the sleep cycle it has gotten stuck in.

I hope these hints are helpful to someone. Thanks for a useful page.

Sorry to reply to myself but I forgot to add, if the tablet still refuses to switch on, plug in the charger and try the same trick. My linx 8 responds to this every time, and also the 12 inch recovered the ability to charge doing this.

This thread’s probably very dead by now but after seeing it the other day I was inspired to blow the dust off my Linx 7 and upgrade it to windows 10. Everything went fairly smoothly, requiring only the Linx accelerometer driver to fix screen orientation.

Problem I have now is that battery drain is now very high, and it will also not ‘fast charge’ from any charger I try it with, not even the one that it came with, meaning it will still drain the battery whilst just sitting idle on “battery saver” mode, it’s like everything to do with power management no longer works, anyone else had this issue?

Dear @Vulpix or @Admin is possible to have still clean win8 version. I have lamina T-701 with win8.1 and is stuck in boot loop I would like to place a new clean windows back on it and saw your post. Is it possible still make it available? I try to get a windows restore but I not getting to that point yet. the automatic restore is also not possible and will give me following problem “whea_uncorrectable_error”. Normale you can do restore point back but that wasn’t possible and keeps rebooting. So that is why I ask for it. Thank you for the help.

Is anyone still using this tablet, that had quite a fan base back in the day? I found mine from a storage box, unused for years and I have absolutely no idea what kind of software I have in there.

In theory the Atom SoC is still somewhat capable. The amount of RAM is limiting, but it might run Android or a light weight Linux.

Hi guys, not sure if anyone is monitoring this thread but could you make the drivers public?

Trying to get access to them (I’ve got the 3 tablets) and I’m taken to a page to ask for access.

Thanks